Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Shoot me now

It's graduation time again. Oh, goodie. My disdain for commencement ceremonies comes from two sources: Having been deeply involved in the planning and execution of such ceremonies while working in a college public relations office; and being in the newspaper business. Try to write (or supervise the writing of) interesting and non-cliche headlines for dozens of graduation stories over the course of about three weeks. Just replace the names of the schools and the students, and you are reading the same story over and over. It's torture. Completely inhumane. Luckily, I think, I'll be working the wires for much of this graduation season.
But I did come across something very cool today. This kid is my new hero. Maybe the kids in our coverage area will get the same idea. Read it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home